Thank you for your interest in the senior pastor position at Tri-City Chinese Baptist Church (TCCBC). If you would like to pursue this challenging and rewarding shepherding opportunity, please submit the following application package to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your resume
- Your personal faith experience of how you became a Christian
- Your wife’s faith experience and any ministry involvement
- Your calling to pastoral ministry
- The completed doctrinal questionnaire to email@example.com.
Shortly after submitting the application package, one of the members of the Pastoral Search Committee will contact you. Don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any questions on the process.
TCCBC is a congregational church. The following process is what you and the church will go through in discerning God’s will on your fit to the church’s pastoral ministry, and vice versa. God willing, the final decision for calling a senior pastor will be made by the church members at a special business meeting.
- You will have an initial phone call with one of the members on the Pastoral Search Committee to establish mutual knowledge and understanding of potential ministry fit.
- The Pastoral Search Committee meets with you and you wife in person to explore the broader scope of the pastoral ministry at TCCBC, discuss your pastoral experience and background, address questions for each other, and determine the next step(s).
- Upon a mutual decision to proceed, you will be invited to preach in one or more of our worship services, and to meet with our fellowship groups for the church members to meet and to know you. Likewise, you will gain first hand experience with our church and our people.
- You will also be meeting with our Church Council, the spiritual and ministry leaders of our church. Following our meeting with you, the Church Council will deliberate and decide on whether to proceed with an offer to you. The Church Council decision will form a recommendation to the church members for their final decision.
- Typically, there a two-week time for calling a special church members’ business meeting. Upon the church members decision in favor of the calling decision, a formal offer will be presented to you. A signed acceptance will bring the process to a conclusion.