- Strong, Scripture based preaching and teaching, from pulpit to personal examples, walk the talk.
- Godly character, with a pastor’s heart, and and a firm believer in servant leadership.
- Passion for the sheep, people oriented ministries.
Scripture based vs. method based direction and solutions.
Inspiring and empowering vs. dictating and commanding leadership style.
- Proven track record of faithfulness and ministry fruitfulness in a local church, both a visionary and a faithful ministry servant leader.
- Demonstrated pastoral gifts in teaching, preaching, caring and evangelism.
- Received clear calling to be a pastor, is actively reaching out to the non-believers.
- Works closely with the pastoral team and deacon body in shepherding, teaching and equipping believers.
- Is patient and kind, the love for God is clearly exhibited in his life, and always makes intercession for others according to the will of God.
- Demonstrated biblical teaching and a ministry of reconciliation to proclaim the gospel of God to non-believers for them to experience a new life in Christ.
- Understands North American Chinese culture with Baptist faith and doctrines.
- Seminary graduate with Master of Divinity or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years as a full time pastor, experienced with family, senior, adult, and youth ministries.